.


I've finally reached the end of my birthday week which is sort of a relief. My mom came to town and I had two nights out, one crazy night in and a lot of set up and clean up. Now that it's over I can finally relax and enjoy being another year older.
Last year on my birthday I had just moved into my place after only being in NYC a couple months. I was already on my third job here. It was a chaotic time of uncertainty. I feel so much more grounded now that I'm beginning to find my place here in the city. I've made so many amazing new friends and I feel more comfortable myself than ever before. I hope it's only onward and upward from here.

I took this on my birthday in my messy room while my mom was getting ready out of the picture. I'm wearing my new Moschino dress and my handmade unfinished hat. My lipstick is Lime Crime Carousel Gloss in Candy Apple- the perfect birthday shade. A decadent look for hopefully a decadent year.
Here's to year #2 in NYC!

4 Responses so far.

  1. Amid the chaos you managed to look perfectly put together - hope you have a fab 2013 in NYC!

    www.mancunianvintage.com

  2. Taylor says:

    I really admire what you're doing right now! I want to move to the city ASAP and I'm hoping to find my little niche there as well. Keep doing what you're doing and keep looking so awesome

  3. Thanks Taylor! You can do it!