.

I've been wearing the Ciate Velvet Manicure for a couple weeks now and I can't go anywhere without curious people petting my nails! Im serious, grocery store clerks, salon employees... they've been a great conversation piece, I'll tell you that much.



After letting my friends test the kits out, I decided the manicure needed a little shine to balance out the matte effect of the velvet flocking so I got Michelle at Fierce Spa to paint green/gold tips in Chanel Peridot before the velvet went on. I also bonded the velvet with a coat of OCC Flatline so the shine of the Ciate polish wouldn't show through. contrary to rumors, the flocking does not change when wet. I've baked in these, done the dishes, eaten finger food... They still look great. The key is to get as much flocking as possible to stick the first time and touch up when needed.
Long story short, I'm loving these fuzzy nails for winter!

3 Responses so far.

  1. Velvet Nails? Best. Thing. Ever!

  2. Lisa says:

    I. WANT. THESE. SO. BAD. SO COOL. I love that they last as well! Gotta get up my chutzpah to try them!

  3. Lali says:

    The last time I did velvet nail they went out after one hour! That's the only problem of this.

    x

    veruzkas.blogspot.com