.

Thaw was host to round two of me and Mark Mitchell's fashion collaboration previously exhibited at Worn Out. Thaw is one of the major fashion events that happen annually in Seattle as a benefit for Huntingtons Disease. In a nutshell though, it's a whole lot of rich people, free food, and fancy light installations. I went last year as well and it was no different (Except this year there was no vegetarian sushi platter. Mega boo). 
The funny thing about this day was that I left the house in such a rush I forgot to charge my camera. Okay, it wasn't very funny at all. I'm having a terrible time finding any photos from this event online but luckily Stranger photographer Kelly O was so kind to send me this snap of me and Zola, the coolest 15 year old this side of Washington. And look how lovely my little disk hat looks on her!
Anyway, here are my cellphone snaps of the evening...


Hats a poppin! I made my rounds placing my business cards onto the tables and eating a whole free pizza to myself! Dear pizza cart, please follow me where ever I go. Taylor couldn't be here for this show so miss Alex wore the leather turban instead and it looked beautiful on her. I wish I had gotten a picture of us together with our leather hats. As you can see I've started studding mine. I think I just want to splatter mine in studs and spikes. It will be a work in progress. I brought an extra velvet turban so Kelly O adopted it for the night and made it look chic. This was the first time I wore the green lame' and velvet hat I created to match the green lame' dress. I am so happy with how the wing tips on the back turned out! 
The show was a blast and definitely easier the second time around!
I promise my web shop will be stocked with hats soon! Of course, if you are dying for a particular style you are more than welcome to send me an email via the sidebar mail links. 

I was wearing a vintage blue silk houndstooth dress, a customized jacket, a heart shaped H&M bangle, and a handmade leather turban.

Categories: , ,