.












Still thinking about catholic imagery as fashion inspiration. Cannot get enough of shades of blue and gold and red and pink. Creepy statues and gilded crosses. Blood and wine. 
In high school I was obsessed with the image of the Virgin Mary and used to draw sexy pictures of her in class and I dressed as her for Halloween and again for celebrity look-alike day at school. I even had a light up nativity scene figure in my room that I had decorated with red lips and faux lashes but I had to leave her behind in Seattle when I moved...
Meadham Kirchhoff and the Japanese fashion trend "Cult Party Kei" were one step ahead of me this season channeling Mary on all fronts. I want the weather to get warm so I can wear lace night gowns and glitter every day till sumer.
I'm happy I found a way to incorporate religion in to my life.


Note: I have the same lace robe and hair of the girl in the second photo. I am going to turn in to her.

8 Responses so far.

  1. Butch says:

    Love the pastel crucifixes!

    Jade


    http://91peachykeen.blogspot.com

  2. Allison says:

    I really dig these pictures! Great colors, pretty intricate designs, and a deliciously creepy undertone to everything. Perfect spring inspiration.

  3. I am amused with your new obsession! the first photo of the pastel crosses is just too good.

  4. the virgin mary cake! how can a cake be so inspiring?!

  5. Thanks everyone! I'm glad you love it as much as I do!

  6. Anonymous says:

    please consider the Holiness of What you are portraying, thy putting beads on the face of the image of Mother Mary. I'll pray for you.

  7. Anonymous says:

    please consider the Holiness of What you are portraying, thy putting beads on the face of the image of Mother Mary. I'll pray for you.